NHS Informatics Merseyside delivers a modern IT Training Service delivering digital training on a wide range of IT and clinical systems to help optimise the use of these tools and build digital capability.
All of our trainers are qualified with a minimum Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET / PTLLS) and have completed bespoke customer service training.
Training courses are designed with the learner in mind and are delivered flexibly, in ways which best suit learning styles - whether on a one-to-one, classroom, virtual or interactive eLearning basis.
The IT Training Service is accredited with Silver Level 4 Training Service Accreditation from NHS Digital, providing assurance of the capability within the team, service quality standards and commitment to service innovation and continuous improvement. The service is now in the process of applying for Gold accreditation through the Skills Development Network.
- High quality training support from an accredited training service that has been benchmarked against NHS Education and Training Standards.
- A large team of qualified trainers (AET / PTLLS) who have many years of experience and specialist knowledge across a wide range of IT and clinical systems.
- Flexible methods of training including one-to-one, classroom, virtual or interactive e-learning courses.
- Bespoke course development for specialist systems and learning requirements including SCORM compliant eLearning packages.
- Access to a large knowledge base of digital learning resources available in a range of diverse formats including user guides and video tutorials.
- Exceptional feedback on training with satisfaction rates regularly exceeding 95%.
- Digital Skills Assessment (DSA) service to support the assessment of skill levels to highlight any gaps in knowledge to support bespoke training plans.
- The production of detailed training plans to support digital skill assessments, providing a clear description of what the IT training Service will deliver and how this will support learner objectives.
- A large portfolio of training courses covering a wide range of IT and clinical systems - including but not limited to those detailed on this page.
We aim to deliver training courses that are flexible and enjoyable, and relevant to the needs of our learners. As a result, feedback on our service is extremely positive, with 95% of trainees rating training as good or excellent.
Digital skills training
- Attend Anywhere
- EMIS Mobile
- EMIS Web Community
- EMIS Web Primary
- NHS eReferrals
- Safety Huddle
- Simply Book
Business systems and devices
- Content Management Systems (CMS) including Umbraco
- Dragon Dictation
- Laptops and Tablet Devices
- Microsoft 365
- Digital communication tools
- Always on VPN (Remote Working)
- Cisco telephony
- Microsoft Teams
Primary care support
- Clinical coding training
- Medical terminology training
- Promotion of online services
- Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) training
- Summarising training
Community care support
- Health checks
- Service reviews