IT help and support
Contact the service desk if you need assistance with an IT problem or service request.
Prior to contacting the IT Service Desk, please browse our digital learning resources to view user guides and online tutorials to help support you in using the digital communication tools available to you.
For support requests of an urgent nature, please contact the IT Service Desk by telephone.
Typical requests managed through the IT service desk include:
- Faults with software including business or clinical systems.
- Problems with computer hardware or tablet devices.
- New IT account requests.
- Smartcard enquiries.
- Password resets.
- File and folder access and permission changes.
- Requests for new hardware or software.
NHS Informatics Merseyside’s self-service portal aims to provide you with a quick and convenient way of accessing IT help and support by providing 24/7 access to:
- Report an IT incident, which might include being unable to access a software application or problems with computer hardware.
- Raise a service request for e.g. a new IT account or equipment.
- Track the progress of a previously logged incident or request.
- View your log history.
- Browse a Trust-approved IT equipment catalogue and online order form.
- Update your personal profile information.
Between the hours of 8am-5:30pm, the self-service portal also provides access to a live chat facility, enabling customers to ‘connect’ with an IT service desk engineer through a pop-up window on the computer.