Primary care data quality and support
NHS Informatics Merseyside provides a primary care data quality and IT support service, which involves working closely with GP practices to ensure technology is being used effectively to support care delivery.
As well as continually reviewing and advising on information quality and adherence to the Information Governance (IG) Toolkit, our colleagues work closely with each practice to implement IT projects, deliver IT training and provide clinical system support.
Guidance on implementing the GP IT service requirements set out in local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) informatics strategy is also provided in order to help ensure a consistent approach to care delivery and to support wider transformation plans.
Key features include:
- Information quality audits incl. adherence to the IG Toolkit.
- Data cleansing.
- IT project management support.
- IT and clinical system support.
- IT training.
Benefits of the service include:
- Improved care delivery through improved information management and data quality processes.
- Effective use of clinical systems through training and development to support practice requirements.
- Streamlined processes leading to cost, time and efficiency savings through paperless ways of working.
- Supports practices in the achievement of the quality and outcomes framework (QOF) targets.
Need further information?
For further information and to discuss your primary care IT and data quality requirements, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.