NHS Informatics Merseyside delivers a System Integration Service delivered by a team of integration specialists who have many years of experience developing interfaces for core business and clinical systems to enable information to be seamlessly and securely shared, with consent, for the safe and effective delivery of care.
Through system integration access to timely healthcare information is improved by reducing duplication and supporting the NHS shared drive for a single patient record.
Our integration service involves analysing and scoping integration requirements, designing interface processes to improve information flows between systems and the subsequent development of interfaces and on-going support and maintenance.
Our integration experience involves working across an array of systems including, but not limited to:
- Pathology orders and results
- Electronic clinical correspondence (e.g. clinic letters and discharge summaries)
- Patient demographics
- Radiology orders and results
- Observation monitoring
- Email and SMS messages
- Patient Spine tracing
- Consultancy - analysis and scoping of integration requirements.
- Design of interface architecture – capturing information flows to help streamline clinical and business processes.
- Development of interfaces - using integration engines such as Rhapsody.
- Implementation and monitoring service.
- On-going support and maintenance.
- Whilst we endeavour to use the latest Health Level-7 (HL7) standards we are flexible in our approach and acknowledge that there are times where alternatives are required. We have experience developing interfaces using a variety of standards, including:
- HL7 FHIR
- HL7 v2
- Kettering XML
- All of our developers are accredited to Rhapsody Associate at a minimum, with some certified to Rhapsody Professional – demonstrating significant knowledge of the Rhapsody visual development environment for creating, testing, and documenting real-time or embedded systems and software.
- EMIS accredited partner – demonstrating expertise in the development of secure integrations between the EMIS clinical system and developed web solutions.
- PRINCE2 Agile certified developers.