IT Service Desk
NHS Informatics Merseyside operates one of the largest and mature IT Service Desks in the NHS.
IT support is provided, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, to over 20,000 NHS workers spanning primary care, secondary care and specialist services.
Our experienced and highly skilled team handle over 167,000 support requests per year and have in-depth knowledge of the IT and clinical systems in place within the organisations we support.
Our IT Service Desk is proud to be one of only two healthcare organisations in the world to be awarded four-star certification by the Service Desk Institute (SDI) for service quality. This was awarded to NHS Informatics Merseyside following a rigorous auditing programme, which assessed the service against an international framework to benchmark and demonstrate our commitment to continuous improvement, skill development and alignment with industry service and quality standards.
Contact methods include an online Self-Service Portal with useful troubleshooting resources, live chat and telephone. The IT Service Desk is also currently piloting a new Informatics Digital Assistant named Ida, who will save time by virtually simulating the customer journey by capturing the information routinely collected by an Engineer.
- High quality digital support from a mature 4-star certified IT Service Desk that has been benchmarked against industry standards.
- Out of hours IT support providing round the clock digital care for added peace of mind.
- Multiple methods of contact including telephone, live chat and Self-Service Portal.
- Exceptional customer service with satisfaction rates regularly exceeding 96%.
- A fast response to support requests with a high first-time fix rate of over 60%.
- An experienced and highly skilled team with an in-depth knowledge of NHS IT systems and services spanning over 325 systems.
- A continually enhanced Self Service Portal enabling NHS IT users to log and track the progress of IT support requests, view service updates, access a knowledge base of useful resources and complete online requests for new IT equipment and accounts.
- Regular updates alerting NHS IT users to support updates and scheduled maintenance.
- An established incident management process, enabling support requests to be categorised, prioritised and tracked efficiently, ensuring that normal service is quickly restored, minimising disruption to clinical and business services.
- The provision of a resilient IT Service Desk operation with assured business continuity management plans in place.
- Our IT Service Desk support is delivered in line with the ITIL framework and externally certified industry standards to apply a consistent approach to incident management, with the goal of restoring services as quickly and effectively as possible.
- 100% of our IT Service Desk team have completed bespoke customer service training demonstrating our commitment to service quality and customer service.
- We aim to answer your phone calls within 2 minutes, live chat sessions within 1 minute, and resolve >60% of all requests at first point of contact.
- We aim to resolve 90% of IT support requests within the following targets. IT support requests are reviewed and prioritised are based on clinical and service impact, with a P1 having the most severe impact.
- P1 < 4 Hours
- P2 < 8 Hours
- P3 < 2 Days
- P4 < 5 Days